Grab the Treasure
Age Range: All age groups
Players Required: 2 or more, plus parent
Materials: 1 shoe
Directions: Sit the players on the ground equidistant from the Treasure (shoe).
The parent calls out the names of two of the players who must race to grab the treasure.
The player who grabs it, then tries to return to his place with it. The other player must try to tip him before he reaches home. If he catches him, the player must drop his treasure on the floor, at his feet.
The pair competes again, trying to grab the treasure from where it was dropped and return home with it, until someone succeeds.
Repeat the game until all the players have had a go. Keep score to find a winner.
Story: Triangle Child in Geometry Land
Report: The Planet You Find Most Interesting
General Knowledge Quiz #9
See if you know the answers to these questions. If you don’t, find out from an encyclopaedia or atlas.
- At what angle is the Earth tilted?
- At what angle from the Equator is the Antarctic Circle?
- At what number of degrees longitude is the Greenwich Meridian?
- What was the Boston Tea Party?
- Who was the first historian, what book did he write, and when did he live?
- Without using a calculator, what is the answer to this problem: 1.003 x 0.0014?
Finished? Click to check your answers.
- 66.5° South
- A rebellion in 1773 by some American colonists against the British, in which a shipment of tea was thrown into the water in disgust at having to pay a tea tax to the British Government.
- Herodotus (from Iona in Ancient Greece); The Histories; 484 to 425 B.C.