Age Range: All age groups
Materials: Photos of the local area, taken by a Leader and mounted onto poster paper, with a number next to each photo for identification.
1 sheet of paper per team, with photo identification numbers down the left hand side for the answers, plus 1 pencil per team.
Directions: Stand the players in their teams, in relay lines, with an answer sheet and pencil.
Stick the photos on the wall at the other end of the hall.
On “Go”, the players take it in turns to run down and look at one photo that they can identify. They must also remember the number of the photo, so that when they run back, they can record the photo number and its identity.
When this is done, the next players in each team run down to the photos to do the same.
The first team home and seated, with the most answers correct, are the winners.
Design: Design a ‘Car of the Future’, draw it and label its parts. Then write a paragraph about its special features.
Poster: Design a poster for a country fair that is coming to your town soon.
General Knowledge Quiz #15
See if you know the answers to these questions. If you don’t, find out from an encyclopaedia or atlas.
- What is the name of the little country between France and Spain?
- What do Sicily, Corsica, Crete, Malta, the Balearic Islands and Sardinia all have in common?
- Name the rivers which run through these cities: London, Paris, Vienna, Bonn.
- Who was Guy Fawkes?
- Which English king was beheaded by his people?
- Without using a calculator, what is the volume of a cylinder with a radius of 2 feet and a height of two yards?
- How much is infinity minus ten?
- How much is the speed of light plus one thousand kilometres per second?
Finished? Click to check your answers.
- All islands in the Mediterranean Sea
- The Thames, The Seine, The Danube, The Rhine
- A member of a Catholic gang who tried to blow up the English Parliament and kill King James 1 in 1605.
- Charles 1
- 75.36 cubic feet
- The speed of light (~300,000 km./sec.)